This article is for now only dump, and will be edited later. Feel free to edit, contribute..
1729 decimal = 3301 in octal[10:44] armistace o wow I googled 1729 because someone mentioned it was special and check out this line in the wiki: "Some reports say that the octal equivalent (3301) was the password to Xerox PARC's main computer."
[10:44] armistace http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1729_%28number%29
- 1729 is known as the Hardy–Ramanujan number or Taxi Cab number
- it is the smallest number expressible as the sum of two cubes in two different ways
The two different ways are these: 1729 = 1^3 + 12^3 = 9^3 + 10^3
- it is also pseudorpime
- it is Fermat pseudoprime
- It is a Carmichael Number
- Carmichael Numbers are a weakness in PGP - chance of generation is 1 in 1050
- fun fact: it is mentioned many times in Futurama
- 1729 is also the third Carmichael number and the first absolute Euler pseudoprime. It is also a sphenic number.
- 1729 is a Zeisel number. It is a centered cube number, as well as a dodecagonal number, a 24-gonal and 84-gonal number.
- Investigating pairs of distinct integer-valued quadratic forms that represent every integer the same number of times, Schiemann found that such quadratic forms must be in four or more variables, and the least possible discriminant of a four-variable pair is 1729 (Guy 2004).
- Because in base 10 the number 1729 is divisible by the sum of its digits, it is a Harshad number. It also has this property in octal (1729 = 33018, 3 + 3 + 0 + 1 = 7) and hexadecimal (1729 = 6C116, 6 + C + 1 = 1910), but not in binary.
- 1729 has another mildly interesting property: the 1729th decimal place is the beginning of the first occurrence of all ten digits consecutively in the decimal representation of the transcendental number e.
- Masahiko Fujiwara showed that 1729 is one of four positive integers (with the others being 81, 1458, and the trivial case 1) which, when its digits are added together, produces a sum which, when multiplied by its reversal, yields the original number:
- 1 + 7 + 2 + 9 = 19
- 19 × 91 = 1729
It suffices only to check sums congruent to 0 or 1 (mod 9) up to 19.
- 2012 - 'National Mathematical Year'
Video about 1729:
ooh another interesting thing: 1729 octal is 3301. 1033 has also something to do with 8. because 8^1+8^0+8^3+8^3 = 1033
1729 is a pseudoprime and the wikipedia article on pseudoprimes say they are of primary importance in public-key cryptography
3301 in binary
Changing each digit of "3301" (base 4 or higher) to a two bit binary number and concatenating them together yields: 1111 0001.
Converting binary (11110001) to hexadecimal yields: F1
Many computer programs use F1 as the key to ask for help.
Some more interesting things
[08:10] shhhhhhhhhshshhh ok, this is weird
[08:10] shhhhhhhhhshshhh 3301 in Octal = 1729 in decimal, right?
[08:10] shhhhhhhhhshshhh so i reversed it all for palindormic shit right
[08:11] shhhhhhhhhshshhh 1033 in decimal = 2011 in octal
[08:11] shhhhhhhhhshshhh 2011 – Sexy prime number. Also, sum of eleven consecutive primes: 2011=157+163+167+173+179+181+191+193+197+199+211.
[08:11] shhhhhhhhhshshhh what. the. fuck.
3301 is 33333031 in ascii hex which is prime and emirp.
<cluosh> seriously... size of 560.13 in bytes is palindromic prime
<cluosh> i wonder if they produced 118818811 bytes of garbage for no actual reason
[03:20] <Lurker69> > produced 118818811 bytes of garbage another palindromic prime
118818811 is tetradic prime with a prime sum of digits.
For origin of Parable 1,595,277,641look at:
This comment might be interesting: http://uncovering-cicada.wikia.com/wiki/What_Happened_Part_1_%282013%29#comm-2599
- crowley say 0=2
- If 0=2, then 3301 = 3321
3321 = the sum of all digits from 1 - 81
521 and 523 are the dimensions of 'outt.png' also twin primes.
Special numbers mentioned: yes twin primes, palindromes ,emirps and Rhonda Numbers are special numbers we found until now
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=xGY4pbHV PRIMES TELNET OUTPUT
space between 29 31 and 3257 3259 in "primes" telnent console command
http://pastebin.com/6srsAN1E MISSING PRIMES
13 17 DATA FILES (118818811 and 1183811; size of data files)
571 577 resolution of first original image
3301 1033 pause in CICADA OS
space between 29 31 and 3257 3259 in "promes" telnent console command
And missing some primes between 71 1229 http://uncovering-cicada.wikia.com/wiki/What_We_Know#Telneting_PRIMES
http://codeseekah.com/cicada/console.html REDIRECT LINK TO TOR TELNET
resolution of .png
521 and 523 twin primes
761 571 577 3301 1033... and many more
1031 • 1229 • 1259
1595 277641 = 1031 x 1229 x 1259
http://pastebin.com/AfndPJa0 count roeds
1031, 1229, 1259, and 1595277641 emirps, numbers that are prime when written backwards.
1301 9221 9521 = 114218876441
all palindromes http://norvig.com/pal17txt.html
CICADA OS sourcecode
http://pastebin.com/sSJgTKQD (printed primes, 3301 and 1033 have 2 seconds pause)
Look here for Telnetting "primes" command
BIG list of primes http://primes.utm.edu/lists/small/1000.txt